+ Cars of the Honda Civic and Acura Integra brand
+ Maintenance instruction
+ Routine maintenance
+ Cooling system and heating
+ Power supply system and release
- Engine electric equipment
Start of the engine from the auxiliary power supply
Check of a state and replacement of the battery
Check of a state and replacement of wires of the battery
System of ignition - the general information
Check of functioning of system of ignition
Check of a state and replacement of the coil of ignition
Check of serviceability of functioning and replacement of the module of management of ignition (ICM)
Removal and installation of the distributor of ignition
Check of installation and adjustment of a corner of an advancing of ignition
System of a charge - the general information and precautionary measures
Check of a condition of system of a charge
Removal and installation of the generator
Replacement of the regulator of tension and brushes of the generator
System of start - the general information and precautionary measures
Check of serviceability of functioning of a starter on the car (in situ)
Removal and installation of a starter
Removal and installation of the traction relay
+ Control systems of the engine
+ Gear shifting box
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Check of functioning of system of ignition
In view of the fact that in system of ignition very high voltage is developed, service of its components has to be made with extra care. This remark belongs not only to the main knots of electronic system of ignition, but also and to all accompanying components, including tips of candle wires, a tachometer and the other diagnostic equipment.
|1. At violation of serviceability of functioning of system of ignition before starting diagnostics of a condition of the distributor, execute the following preliminary checks:
a) Check a condition of terminal connections of the battery and reliability of tightening of clips of fastening of tips of wires for them;
b) Check a condition of the battery (see Check of a state and replacement of the battery), in case of need make its replacement;
c) Check an external condition of VV of wires of the distributor and coil of ignition and reliability of their fastening on plugs;
d) At the corresponding complete set check a condition of fusible inserts in the assembly block located in a motive compartment of the car (see the Head Onboard electric equipment). Replace the fused elements.
a) If the spark makes the way regularly and its intensity does not raise doubts, repeat check for VV of wires of the remained spark plugs. This check allows to confirm serviceability of a cover and the runner of the distributor, without excluding, however, probability of failure actually of candles therefore turn out spark plugs and make check of their state according to the description provided in the Head Routine maintenance of the present manual;
2. Check serviceability of sparking on spark plugs. If the engine is turned, but not started, disconnect VV a wire from one of spark plugs and connect it to the special calibrated tester (ask in shops of automobile accessories). Fix a clip of a tester on a bolt or a metal arm of the block of the engine, having reliably grounded it thereby on weight (see an accompanying illustration). In the absence of near at hand the calibrated ignition tester, disconnect a wire from a spark plug and, holding it nippers with reliably insulated handles, delay a rubber tip up a wire and bring the contact plug to well grounded point on the block on distance about 6.4 mm. At an engine provorachivaniye between an electrode and the case the VV tester/plug of a wire and weight well noticeable spark of bright blue color has to slip. Turn the engine, watching the plug of a tester or wire – at the sufficient size of tension given on a candle between an electrode and the case the tester/plug of a wire and the block of the engine the intensive spark of brightly blue color has to slip.
b) In the absence of a spark uncover the distributor and check its condition, as well as a condition of the runner (see the Head Routine maintenance). In the presence of moisture traces carefully wipe surfaces of a cover and the runner with pure dry rags, then establish a cover into place and repeat sparking check;
c) If removal of moisture did not lead to correction of a situation (sparking still insufficiently intensively or is absent at all), disconnect a secondary wire of the coil from a distributor cover and connect to it an ignition tester (do not forget to connect wire VV to all candles). Repeat the procedure of check described above. Check a condition of a spring and the contact coal button in a distributor cover for existence of traces of progar and mechanical damages. in case of need replace a distributor cover.
In the absence of near at hand tester of ignition alternative check of a wire of the coil is made also as well as in a case with VV wires of spark plugs by leading of the plug to weight on distance about 6.4 mm.
Considered in the present manual of the car are equipped with the ignition coil which is built in the distributor.
3. If this time there is a normal sparking, therefore the cause of failure lies in malfunction of a cover of the distributor, its runner or the corresponding candle wires (see the Head Routine maintenance).
5. Check a condition of the coil of ignition. By means of an ohmmeter measure resistive resistance it primary and secondary windings (see Check of a state and replacement of the coil of ignition). In case of identification of breaks replace the coil.
4. In the absence of sparking and at this stage it is necessary to pass to check of contact connections of primary contour of the coil of ignition – estimate a condition and reliability of fastening of plugs. Check serviceability of giving of primary tension for the coil from the ignition switch/lock for what measure tension on a positive side of the coil (see an accompanying illustration). Check a condition of the coil (see Check of a state and replacement of the coil of ignition). Make necessary corrections, then repeat check.
6. Check serviceability of functioning of the module of management of ignition (ICM).