+ Cars of the Honda Civic and Acura Integra brand
+ Maintenance instruction
+ Routine maintenance
+ Repair of the engine without extraction from the car - the Civic model
+ Repair of the engine without extraction from the car - the Integra model
- General and capital repairs of the engine
Check of pressure of oil
Check of compression pressure in cylinders
Diagnostics of a condition of the engine with use of the vacuum gage
Removal from the car of the power unit - preparation and precautionary measures
Removal and installation of the engine
Alternative versions of schemes of recovery repair of the engine
Order of dismantling of the engine by preparation it to capital repairs
Dismantling of a head of cylinders
Cleaning and check of a condition of a head of cylinders
Service of valves
Assembly of a head of cylinders
Removal of conrod and piston assemblies
Removal of a bent shaft
Cleaning of the block of the engine
Check of a condition of the block of the engine
Honingovaniye of mirrors of cylinders
Check of a condition of components of conrod and piston group
Check of a condition of a bent shaft
Check of a state and selection of inserts of radical and conrod bearings of a bent shaft
Engine assembly order
Installation of piston rings
Installation of a bent shaft and check of working gaps of radical bearings
Replacement of a back epiploon of a bent shaft
Installation of conrod and piston assemblies and check of size of working gaps in conrod bearings of a bent shaft
Trial start and running in of the engine after capital repairs
+ Cooling system and heating
+ Power supply system and release
+ Engine electric equipment
+ Control systems of the engine
+ Gear shifting box
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Check of compression pressure in cylinders Results of check of compression pressure in cylinders allow to define the general state and components of the top part of the engine (pistons, piston rings, valves, laying of a head of cylinders, etc.) and to qualitatively estimate degree of their wear. What is especially important, the analysis of information obtained as a result of check allows to narrow a range of the possible reasons of falling of a compression in cylinders, having rather precisely tied refusal to violations of functioning of quite concrete components, whether it be piston rings, valves, their saddles or laying of a head.
The engine has to be heated-up up to the normal working temperature, and the rechargeable battery is completely charged.
|1. Begin with a clearing of candle niches (blow them compressed air as which source in this case the ordinary bicycle pump perfectly will approach). The main objective is prevention of hit of garbage in cylinders during performance of measurements.
2. Turn out from the engine all spark plugs (see the Head Routine maintenance).
3. Record a butterfly valve in completely open situation.
4. Immobilize a power supply system, having removed a safety lock of the main PGM-FI relay (see the Head of the Power supply system and release).
5. Also disconnect system of ignition, having disconnected sockets of primary contour of the distributor (see the Head Elektrooborudovaniye of the engine).
7. Turn the engine at least on seven steps and consider the indication of the measuring instrument. On the serviceable engine pressure has to increase quickly enough. The low pressure on the first step which is followed by its gradual increase on the subsequent speaks about wear of piston rings. If at a further provorachivaniye pressure does not rise, it can be considered as the evidence of leakages of valves or violation of tightness of laying of a head of cylinders (also the probability of existence of cracks in a head is not excluded). Write down the maximum indication of a kompressometr.
6. Establish компрессометр in a candle opening of the first cylinder (see an accompanying illustration).
8. Repeat the procedure for the remained engine cylinders. Compare results to standard requirements (see Specifications).
9. At excessively low results of measurement, fill in in each of cylinders through a candle opening of a little motive oil (two-three teaspoons) and repeat check.
10. If addition of oil leads to increase in pressure, it speaks about wear of piston rings. If the compression does not increase, leakages of valves or violation of tightness of laying of a head are the reason of its decrease. Leakages of valves can be connected with a burn-out of their saddles, either a deformation/burn-out or mechanical damages of working facets of plates.
11. If pressure of compression is equally underestimated in two next cylinders, then with high degree of probability it is possible to speak about violation of integrity of laying of a head within its crossing point between these cylinders. Presence of cooling liquid at motive oil will confirm this assumption.
12. If pressure in one of cylinders is about 20% lower, than in other and it is followed by violation of stability of turns of idling, it is necessary to estimate degree of wear of a cam of the drive of the final valve on the camshaft.
13. Unusual overestimate of compression pressure usually is a consequence of a nagaroobrazovaniye in combustion chambers. In this case the head of cylinders has to be removed for the purpose of carrying out decarbonization.
14. In case of excessively low compression pressure, and also at strong violation of uniformity of its distribution between cylinders it will be useful to hold testing of the engine in the conditions of a workshop of car service. Such check will allow to define precisely the place of leakage of pressure and to estimate degree of its gravity.